Saturday 10 December 2016

Thank you for a great first four months, best wishes for the Festive Season and some advice for the Holidays


We have reached the end of this exciting year in which I have started out on my own.

To the clients that helped me to make this possible a big Thank You and best wishes for this Christmas and the coming New Year.

I am not quite done yet with this year, but sitting down totype this post has given me the chance to think back to August when I started working on the first couple of files. Since then it has not stopped being busy and for that I am grateful.

I am going to disappear from the 16th of December to the 28th and have still taken in new work. Clients are welcome to contact me next week until the 16th.

Now- the Holidays are upon us. Many of us have packed our bags and are heading off to the seaside. Those from the seaside are headed this way to speed in the Kruger Park from one lion sighting to the next and apparently those from Gauteng will be coming to the Kruger for target practice with their paintball guns...

And apparently our sons and daughters who have just finished matric shall be at the local holiday resorts giving their livers much needed practice for when they meet with serious alcohol at university...

From calls that I have recently received I deem it advisable to give out some free advice:

To the divorced parents who are at each other's throats about where the children are going this Christmas holiday:

The one who has R 13 000.00 for an urgent application is welcome to contact me. It does not have a guarantee of success, but I will at least be making a huge bonus this holiday (or maybe give some advocate one...). If you don't have that type of money now you should not involve a lawyer in your holiday arrangements. If the children end up having a ruined holiday because of a parent's conduct, however, that parent should not be surprised if the Children's Court intervenes and changes the arrangement for good (because the other parent came to see me).

To the ones that chose our local police cells as accommodation for the holiday season:

Bail costs money. If you want to pay bail you might as well want to pay me. So- just like anyone here in this country should know that it is unwise to go about fornicating without a packet of those balloons from Dischem you should also not go get into fights, drink and drive or break the law in any other way without carrying at least R 8000.00 with you. Just tell me in advance if the policemen said that he will let you go if he can get all of the money before I make the trip to the police station.


With those two pieces of advice I wish my clients and readers of this article a joyful Christmas and a New Year full of wonderous prospects.

And at the peril of revealing my off-time television habits I leave you with these words:


Take care of yourselves- and each other... 

No comments:

Post a Comment